Sunday, April 3, 2011

Paleo Recipe - Meatloaf Muffins

**Update - I made these last night and although they were easy to make and tasted good, I would change a few things about the recipe.  The turkey combined with the salsa made for a liquidy mixture that had a little too much water in it.  In my experience ground turkey has a high water content.  Next time I make this I plan to use a low fat ground beef to reduce the excess liquids (fats too).  The zuccihini, while it adds veggies to the meal, also has a high water content.  I would suggest using a veggie with a lower water content.  Otherwise it tasted great and was super easy to make!**

Recipe found here

Turkey meatloaf muffins


  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup salsa (I recommend using Trader Joes Salsa Athentica. It contains no sugar and is quite delicious!)
  • 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
  • 1 zucchini shredded, about 1 cup
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour or almond meal
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl combine the turkey, egg, salsa, red bell pepper, zucchini, onion, coconut flour and pepper. Mix well with hands until blended.

  
Line muffin pan with muffin cups. Fill cups with rounded handfuls of the meat mixture. I filled 12 muffin cups with this recipe.

  
Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Top with salsa.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment