Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I know what I need to do, I just don't always do it

I get paleo, I get healthy eating, I get working out and training.  I do, I get it.  However, I don't always do what I should, or shouldn't do.  For example, I follow the paleo diet.  But do I REALLY follow the paleo diet?  I'm pretty sure whip cream in a can is not paleo, yet I eat it every day.  You could say I'm addicted to it.  Weird, I know.  But the can says only 15 calories in a serving (which is only 2 tbsp but who's counting) so I figure it's better than say, an entire bar of dark chocolate.  However, I eat way more than the serving and don't really pay attention.  I eat WAY too many almonds, I need to back to the ones that don't taste as good (the raw, unsalted kind).  That will help!  Anyways, I recently switched to CFLO and really want to take my training to the next level.  I am in LOVE with the Crossfit games and love looking at the amazing achievements everyone is making each week.  My goal is to be able to do the workout each week as prescribed, to at least get one point.  Last week I couldn't do all three movements, but in all honesty, I didn't even have time to try for the muscle up.  Everyone comes in to the gym on Saturday and does the WOD as a team, man is that motivating!  To have so many people working so hard pushes you to a level you might not have known was there!

Participating in the games open has been such an eye opener for me, more on what is possible to achieve instead of what I am lacking.  I have many weaknesses, but knowing that I've only been training for 6 months, and that for a few of those months I couldn't even do workouts as prescribed in only motivation to train harder to see what I can achieve!

Matt and I made a promise to row an extra 4k each week for 4 weeks.  We both hate rowing so the goal is to force ourselves to do something we don't like and also to push our endurance and abilities by doing a little extra after most workouts.  I also am getting back in to running.  I took the dogs out for 1 mile yesterday and it felt great, well at least for me, Po wanted to quit.  So my goal is to add in more running, rowing as well as a few extra workouts either at the gym or at home to really step things up.  I always say what I need to do and usually do for awhile before I slip back to my old ways.  So, not only is it time to get back on track with running and extra workouts, it's time to give up the whip cream.  Yupp, quitting cold turkey today!  Haha, so stupid I know.  I just need to work through my late night snack cravings.  I used to eat dark chocolate every night and gave that up for hot chocolate (25 calorie packs in almond milk) but then I added the whip cream in, which isn't measured at all!  So now I'm quitting whip cream cold turkey.  I'll still allow the hot chocolate because it is measured and controlled, but that's it. 

I'm going to try for 8 miles a week, 4k on the rower and 2-3 extra workouts (running can be part of the workout but not the whole workout).  So far this week I've run 1 mile, rowed 1k and did 1 extra workout. 

Goals (non are weight related):  Be able to do handstand pushups with only one ab mat, be able to do 5 unassisted ring dips, squat clean 125, be able to do 5 strict pullups.  I'm not sure my timeline for these goals as some will come faster than others, but there you have it.  My extra workouts will definitely be focused on achieving these goals.  Once I mark one off, I'll add in another, because lets me honest, I have A LOT to improve upon but you have to start somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment