Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sectional WOD #1

I'm not sure I didn't post about this right away, oh wait, yeah I do.  I got a foster puppy an hour after I completed it!

Okay, so I have talked about about goals and competing and pushing myself and I finally had an opportunity to put all of this together last week.  Last week marked the opening of the 2011 Crossfit Games.  The games start with an open sectionals that EVERYONE can compete in, super cool.  It's one workout a week (although the first week has now stretched in to 2 weeks) for six weeks.  At the end the top 60 go on to regionals.  I believe it's top 60 men and top 60 women.  I waited and waited for them to post the first WOD and as soon as I saw it  I was pumped, SOMETHING I CAN DO!  I know I'm not 100% to compete this year and there are a handful of things I can't do at all so I will likely get eliminated fairly quickly in to the 6 weeks of competition.  My only hope and goal was to be able to at least do 1 WOD to to be competitive at it.  If I was the owner of Crossfit I would do just what they did, put out a WOD that is super challenging but that a lot of people will at least be able to do.  I'd even do the same thing for the 2nd WOD.  However I'd lay the hammer down for the 3rd WOD and separate the girls from the women, the boys from the men.  I know I'll be weeded out but I would be disappointed if they didn't throw some hard challenges out to really and truly see who the fittest people in each region are. 

Anyways, back to the topic at hand, the 1st WOD.  The first WOD was a 10 minute AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) of 30 doubleunders and 15 power snatches at 55 lbs for women.  My goal was to get 6 rounds and I'll be honest, I underestimated the ass kicking this WOD would deliver!  I finished 5 full rounds, 30 doubleunders and 8 power snatches.  While I was a bit disappointed I didn't get 6 rounds, I am ranked (as of this very moment) 53 out of 407 in the region.  That is AWESOME!  I mean top 60 go on to regionals so I'm pretty excited about where I am currently sitting.  I'll fully admit I couldn't stand up straight for 3 days after that WOD, it was WAY tough!  However, since they extended the first week and added another week to finish the WOD, I'll be doing it again to see if I can get 6 rounds, maybe a little more.  I was super excited and nervous the first time going in because I REALLY wanted to do well.  Now I am nervous because I know how much it's going to hurt.  However, its all in the spirit of Crossfit and I can't wait to try it again.  I also can't wait to see what next week's WOD will be.  Fingers crossed it's something I can actually do!

No comments:

Post a Comment