Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Missing Summer

Yesterday felt like summer, well not really like summer, but as Matt was mowing the lawn I could smell summer and it made me want to eat like it was summer!  There is nothing better than BBQing, eating fresh fruits and veggies that summer brings, having back yard fires and just being outside, I love it!  The little bit of sunshine we got has taken me back to my first paleo adventures in which fresh salads and BBQ steaks/burgers/chicken were regularly eaten.  Something about a BBQ makes food taste so much better AND cooking on the BBQ is so easy (especially since Matt usually does the grilling).  We have a huge umbrella that covers the patio, so I am making a motion that we bring summer eating in to March!

I'll fully admit that when it is actually warm and sunny outside I often want to enjoy my food with a nice cold beer, but for now I'll just focus on the food! 

You know how I mentioned my weight was up a bit but I wasn't going to dwell on it?  Well it's up because I haven't been eating as clean as I should.  HOWEVER, with this feeling of summer eating, I am literally craving fresh, homemade salads with my own dressing and BBQ'd meat, so shouldn't be hard to clean things up a bit.  Also, I CAN'T wait until summer so I can go to the saturday market each week and get fresh Oregon berries! 

What do you love about summer?  Do you eat better or worse in the summer?  I think I eat better during the week but the weekends get me, especially when we go camping!!

So with that I am going to finish eating my salad I brought for lunch and continue pretending summer is here!

Have a happy and healthy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment