Thursday, March 31, 2011

Change is in the air

So my reason for not posting much lately is that there has been some change underway that has been really hard for me to make and I've kept it a bit of a secret until things were finalized and handled properly.  Part of why it is so hard is that it's not easy to be selfish and put myself first.  The other is that it is hard to say goodbye to a family I've come to be really close with.  So what is this change?  I'm moving to a different Crossfit gym.  Some of you out there are like, really, that's it?  However, for those of you that are Crossfitters, you know how stressful and hard something like this can be.  You get to be so close to the people you work out with every day, they become a family.  Making this decision has been very difficult, with the most difficult part being actually telling everyone.  Man I feel guitly and sad and a bit nervous about all of this.

CFA has been my family for 6 months now and is how I got my start with Crossfit.  As I've said before, Crossfit is what I was missing in my life.  Never before have I found something I love doing so much, well at least since soccer.  Its the team aspect, the competitive aspect, the work your ass off until you think you're going to pass out and then push yourself harder aspect. 

I believe it's time to take my training to the next level and really feel that I have the potential to compete at a higher level.  Wow, that's hard to say.  Sounds conceited and overly confident.  When I was in middle school I used to think I was going to be an Olympic athlete, that I was going to be the best.  Somewhere in high school I lost that feeling that I could be the best and was okay with being one of the better players, but not the best.  Crossfit humbles me every day, but it got me thinking.  Why can't I push myself harder and try to find some of that middle school pride in myself?  There really is no reason why I can't, so that's what I'm going to do.  I am going to invest in myself and see what I can do.  There is no better time than now and although that means I've had to make a hard decision about leaving, I know it's the best decision for me.

I thank everyone at CFA for becoming part of my family and pushing me to where I am right now.  I hope everyone can understand my reason for leaving and support me in my journey to see what I am capable of. 

If anyone would like to know more about my choices for leaving feel free to email me bsasser7@yahoo.com or Facebook message me. 

I will continue to post on my blog about my health and fitness journey, however will likely take a break for a week or two while I adjust to my new gym.  This blog is about me and my journey and no one should read anything else in to it than that.  Love you all, thanks again for getting me where I am right now.  This should be a wild ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment