Thursday, March 3, 2011

The results are in

Quick post because I'm swamped today, but my 60 day challenge is over and I wanted to report my results.

Weight Lost
Since starting this 60 day challenge I have lost 6.8 lbs, which should be rounded to 7.  I wanted more but I slipped here and there and haven't been as strict as I should have been.  But I am still celebrating this progress!  I also don't have a way to measure body fat lost, but I'm sure that would have been a great number to see!

What I've Gained (in a good way)
The challenge was 60 days to a better me and part of that was weight loss, but the other part was getting stronger, fitter, faster, better.  I've done that and I'm proud of that!  The first way I can measure this is my Crossfit Total scores, which in a previous post I noted corresponded with my challenge.  When I started my deadlift was 245 lbs, on Monday I did 275!  My started backsquat was 175lbs, on Monday I did 200!  My press didn't change and is still 80lbs, which means I have something to work on for next time around!

Also, I ran a 6:30 mile, my fastest mile ever I think!  I can also now do 1 unassisted ring dip, I want plenty more but 1 is an accomplishment!  I feel great, my times are down, my strength is up and that's all I can ask of myself!

So Whats Next
I think another challenge is in order, and this time I have some very specific goals.

Goal #1 - Lose another 7 lbs
Goal #2 - Be able to do 5 unassisted ring dips
Goal #3 - Be able to do 5 unassisted handstand pushups
Goal #4 - Be able to do 1 muscle up
Goal #5 - Get my deadlift to 285 minimum, 300 ideally
Goal #6 - Get my backsquat to 225
Goal #7 - Be able to do #95 thrusters and overhead squats in a workout
Goal #8 - Be able to powerclean #130

So those are my goals, not sure of the timeline I'll put around them yet, I'll probably outline that in my next post.  There are a lot of goals there which require me to focus on different things.  I'm thinking I'll set aside 4 weeks to focus on certain areas at a time strength wise and hopefully by May I'll be able to report that I have achieved several if not all of my goals!

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment