Monday, February 14, 2011

In flight

This will be a quick one as my energy is quickly fading and I'm about to try to sleep through the rest of my flight (2 hours lefts).  As you all know, I am on my way to Atlanta today for work.  I got up early and went to the gym where I got a 9 or 10 lb PR on my deadlift (not sure how much two of the plates weighed because they are weird).  This is a GREAT way to start off the day!  When I first started Crossfit my first ever deadlift max was 205 (I think).  I then gto 225, then 245, then 250 and today 259/260!  It was the slowest deadlift ever in the history of deadlifts, but I stuck to it and got the weight all the way up!

I went in to crazy planning mode last night and packed tons of protein, a sack lunch, paleo kits for snacks and set off on my way to the airport this morning feeling in control as much as possible!  So far so good, the timezone thing is always a challenge, however I am feeling good about coming back down rather than up, which ALWAYS happens when I travel for work.

A recap to this weekend, we had the Polar Plunge on Saturday and let me tell you, that water was way colder than I anticipated it being.  I swam all the way to the ropes with my coach but honestly was fearful that I might drown and have to be rescued by the very dive team I wasn't supposed to swim past, but did.  Needless to say I survived, barely!  Since I have to fly to Atlanta on VDay, Matt and I went out for frozen yogurt for lunch yesterday.  Not sure what I love more, him or froyo, haha just kidding, obviously him!

Anyways, I am excited and nervous to check out Crossfit Atlanta tomorrow, hopefully I represent CFA well and don't get my ass handed to me, although I probably will and am kind of excited about that!

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment