Friday, February 25, 2011

Fostering

Quick update, not feeling my greatest today and plan on going back to bed for a bit (need my strength for a good workout later!).  I talked with the lady in charge of fostering through FDNLS (my favorite shelter).  She is someone I can't wait to meet in person!  She fosters the difficult dogs, the pitty's rescued from horrible neglect cases and abuse cases and that is EXACTLY what I want to do (when I get a bigger house/yard and have room to properly love and support these dogs).  We talked for awhile yesterday about fostering, how to handle the adjustments that I will need to go through, along with Matt and our house dogs and it got me even more excited!  Next step is our house check where someone will come out and make sure I am who I say I am and to ensure our house will be a safe and loving place for foster dogs.


Next piece of info...they have an 8 week old and 6 month old puppy that need foster homes.  Depending on how quickly the house check can happen we might get either of them within the next week.  I know this is moving fast, but all we need to do is commit to 1 dog at a time and ensure that dog is loved, taken care of, shown how to enjoy live and taught a few necessary life skills in order to get adopted.  That's easy enough!

It will be quite the adventure for us and the first foster dog will create a lot of stress and excitement in our house (especially for our dogs) but allows us to finally start on our path to hopefully creating our own foster/rescue organization in the future!
I'll keep everyone updated and might, just might, create a new blog, written from the perspective of my foster dogs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment