Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Paleo/W30 Recipe - Post Workout Shake and a Pasta Salad!

So yesterday's shake was N A S T Y!  However, not one to give up after one failure, I decided to give it another try today!  Today's shake was T A S T Y!!!  I am feeling more confident about transitioning completely to Whole 30 now that I know I have a post workout shake that actually tastes good!

Oh also, I got a 2lb PR on my Push Press tonight!  I'm now at 120!

Recipe:
4 eggs whites (16 grams of protein, add more or less depending on what your nutritional needs are)
1/2 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup coconut milk

I blend everything together in my blender and keep cold until I'm ready to drink it.  This one actually tasted really good!  If you add more protein than listed above be sure to add carbs too in order to get a good carb:protein ratio.

Pasta Salad
This is a SUPER simple recipe that I created on my own (well modified from one I found online but still)

Cook 1 spaghetti squash (takes about an hour in the oven so do this ahead of time)
Cut up 4 cooked chicken breasts and add to the spaghetti squash (after cooking and shredding of course)
Add 1 red pepper (or other colors or even other veggies you want)
Mix everything together.  Then add lemon and lime juice for flavor with some olive oil for desired 'wetness', since this is your dressing.  I also added some onion powder.  Otherwise, nothing to it.  Serve cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment