Thursday, July 21, 2011

Paleo/W30 Recipe - Grilled Burger Salad

I was a bit skeptical about grilling lettuce on the BBQ but this turned out to be a really tasty dinner and was SUPER easy to make!  Prep time (less than 5 minutes) cook time (how ever long it takes to cook your burgers, probably 10 minutes).

I used green leaf lettuce instead of romaine because I don't really like romaine.  It worked just as well.  Also, I only put olive oil on the lettuce, no spices. For my 'dressing' I mashed up two avocados, added in some lime juice and crushed red pepper and it was delish!! 

Recipe can be found here.

Ingredients:

•2 grass fed beef burgers
•2 hearts of romaine cut in half & drizzled with olive oil, salt, & pepper (cut length wise so it stays together)
•2 avocados smashed
•juice of half a lime
•sliced red onion
•handful of fresh cilantro chopped
•few handful of cherry tomatoes halved

Grill the burgers on the grill until done. Put on a plate and set aside. Grill the romaine a few minutes on each side or until slightly wilted with grill marks. Remove from the grill and roughly chop and put on two plates. Mix the avocado, lime juice, fresh cilantro, and a little salt and pepper to make the “dressing”. Top the romaine and tomato with the burger, the sliced red onion, and the dressing.

Here is my salad:

1 comment:

  1. So glad you tried grilling the lettuce! I was a bit skeptical also but it really is delicious. Thank you for linking my recipe. :)
    Julie

    ReplyDelete