Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cleaner Eating

So I'm close to Whole30 type eating, however since I have planned cheats coming up, I've decided to wait to dive in to it completely until at least next week.  I will be going wine tasting with my dad this weekend (and other family and friends!) as a belated fathers day gift.  Who am I to deny him his father's day gift by not drinking wine with him?!  Haha, so knowing that is on Saturday I figure I'll eat as clean as I can while still enjoying heavy cream in my coffee and maybe some FroYo at some point this week too.  Since I'll be going 30 days CLEAN I figure I can have one last cheat.  You can save your comments if you don't agree with me because I'm pretty stubborn and don't plan on changing my mind anytime soon on the FroYo!

One other thing I haven't given up yet is stepping on the scale.  Now I don't do it near as often as I used to and DON'T step on it after a cheat day but have to say that I am pleased to see my numbers return to pre vacationish just after two whole days of clean eating.  I know I'm not supposed to step on the scale during the Whole 30 and I mostly promise I won't :) 

After last night's 2lb PR (hey gotta celebrate the little things) and tasty shake, I'm feeling more confident going in to this that I can continue to gain strength and improve in the gym while cleaning up my eating and *fingers crossed* losing some weight.

The food I cooked up on Monday is almost gone, enough for Matt and I to both have lunch.  That means when I get home from the gym tonight, dinner won't be ready.  I always find that either I cook too much and it goes to waste, or not enough and then I'm left scrambling.  So today when I can find a spare minute I am going to find a few new recipes, hopefully easy ones, to make tonight and tomorrow while I'm working from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment