Sunday, July 10, 2011

Count Down to the Whole 30

Read through my blog and you'll know that I know that I need to be strict about my diet.  I have been paleo for awhile now (with cheats) but it's more of a dirty paleo as I still use protein shakes, protein bars and recovery shakes which are definitely not clean, real foods. 

A girl at my gym posed the Whole 30 challenge, and since I'm not one to turn down a challenge, I told everyone that I'M IN!  I am nervous because I have a few things that I allow myself as cheats which I'll have to give up.  These are more comforts to me, habits that start my day (heavy cream in my coffee), end my workouts (recovery drinks) and end my hectic work weeks (nice cold glass of beer or a glass of wine).  I started to try to justify some cheats here and there but really, what does that say about me that I can't go 30 days without cream, recovery drinks or alcohol?  I know that I need to reset my body and get my diet back on track.  I really want to achieve some of the body weight movement goals I've had for awhile (strict pullups, handstand pushups, ring dips) and I know that if I can bring my body weight down a bit it will make it easier to achieve these!

So what is the Whole 30?  Well, it's basically 30 days of eating really clean.  Real food, no sugar, no grains, no alcohol, no legumes, no fake/processed anything.  You can read more here: Whole30



So with this challenge looming in the very near future I figured it was time to start blogging again as a way to share successes, struggles, recipes etc.  I am trying to get prepared now by slowly getting rid of the non-Whole 30 stuff in my house and transitioning to different post WOD recovery food etc.  Certainly the last thing to go will be the cream for my coffee!!

So for today I am going to try to research some dinner ideas.  Dinner is the meal I need the most help with.  Breakfast is almost completely Whole 30 compliant so I'm going to start with the meal that isn't and work my way through all meals as part of planning for this challenge.  Matt is going to do it with me so that will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment