Monday, August 8, 2011

Whole 30 - Day 8

So I had more to say but didn't want everyone to miss my great lunch!  So as I admitted to everyone on Facebook, I caved and weighed myself.  the hubbs was very disappointed in me and made me promise not to step on it again until the end of the challenge.  While I wanted to argue that it was different, he was right in that me stepping on the scale would be the same thing as him drinking a diet pop.  It's a mental thing, a habit, a routine and we both are working hard to break away from our bad habits.  The temptation to step on the scale is still there every morning when I wake up.  So today, rather than step on the scale, I went back and looked at pictures from when I first started blogging and when I first started doing Crossfit.  Um...I'm buff now!  Haha, but seriously, I took some 'before pictures' and posted them and never followed up with 'after' pictures.  I just went back and looked at them and although I weighed less than I likely do now, I didn't have a lot of muscle tone. Now though?  Watch out!

Just kidding, however, it was really refreshing to look back at what my goals were, what I looked like and enjoy how far I've come. 

Next point, I have a sweet tooth and I have a problem!  I figured out how to make wonderful Whole 30 ingredient approved smoothies and find myself eating them for dinner instead of dinner.  Why?  Because they are cold and sweet and wonderful!  So I am going to work on limiting these over the next week to maybe 2-3 a week as a treat vs one every day!

My main problem is that when it's just me at home I really don't feel like making/eating dinner.  So instead I graze and snack.  I'm usually hot and sweaty after the gym and therefore tend to default to fruit and other cold/sweet things.  When Matt is home I do better because he is better at actually eating dinner!  So my other goal is to make myself eat dinner and if I'm craving something after to try to stay away from fruit as the default.  My guess is that I won't want to weigh myself as much because I know I'm doing better by not eating as much fruit.  I think my desire to weigh myself is to make sure I'm on track and when I'm not sure if I am on track or not it's a way to check in with myself.

Anyways, all that said, Whole 30 is going great!  I've come to really enjoy breakfast and lunch!  I feel good and have gotten over some digestion issues I had during the first few days.  My energy levels are great, I feel strong in the gym and love the feeling of being prepared for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment