Monday, August 1, 2011

Whole 30 - Day 1

This morning I woke up and felt excited to be starting 30 days of super clean eating.  After watching the 2011 Crossfit Games all weekend, to say I am motivated to do and be better would be an understatement!  As I made my coffee (which I drank with a spoonful of coconut milk) and my scramble I started to feel proud.  Each time I opened my fridge and saw all the meals already cooked and the drawers overflowing with fresh veggies and fruit I felt proud!  I packed my lunch and as I walked in to my building I wanted to show everyone my amazing lunch and snack that I brought for the day!

I planned out meals for a few days, definitely not the entire week but enough to get me going.  For breakfast I plan on doing scrambles for most mornings (some might just be eggs and veggies, others might be sausage, egg and sweet potato, which is what I did this morning).  Quick and easy to make. 

Lunch and Dinner - I typically make 'dinners' with more of an intention to eat them for lunch than dinner.  Dinner is the one meal I tend to skip out on if it's just me at home.  Instead I'll snack, maybe do a protein shake and then snack some more.  So the challenge is going to be to eat an actual meal for dinner each day rather than depend on snacking.  Last night I made a taco salad which I took for lunch today.  I also made up some paleo pad thai on Friday which I might have for dinner tonight if there is any left.

My uncle sent me home this weekend with a HUGE piece of Salmon, so we'll cook that for dinner tomorrow since Matt will be home.  I also bought ingredients to make chicken fajitas as well as a chicken/melon salad.  Since each are easy to make I'll likely cook/make them as dinner with plans on taking for lunch.

For snacks I'm keeping it simple.  Hard boiled eggs, apples, tuna (with homemade mayo), bell peppers.  All super easy things to make and take on the go.  My post WOD shake will be the pumpkin/applesauce 'shake' I posted awhile back.  I am a big believer in post WOD nutrition and plan on having this after most workouts.  I make it up in the morning before I leave for work, takes about 5 minutes.

The key for my success really lies in planning ahead.  I'm not that great of a cook so finding easy recipes I can follow is essential!  Honestly the most difficult thing for me to give up during this 30 day challenge will be stepping on the scale.  I'm a scaleaholic and step on it EVERY day.  I stepped on it this morning to get my before stats and then (I'm very proud of this) PUT IT AWAY!  Yupp, I took it out of my bathroom where I might be tempted and put it in the spare bedroom. 

I am excited to start feeling better.  Knowing this challenge was coming up I actually went a little off the deep end regarding cheats and ate worse than I have in a long time.  I'm paying for it now and am excited to get through this first week and start feeling strong and healthy again!

No comments:

Post a Comment