Monday, August 8, 2011

Whole 30 Day 8 - Best Lunch Ever (Recipe)

If you follow my blog then you already know this by now, but I am a creature of habit.  I forced myself to branch out this weekend as my husband cannot eat the same thing all time, unlike me!  So to help him stay on plan I had to think out of my standard meal list to come up with something easy and different.  Ugh, yeah right, I have no idea what I'm going to buy/make all came to mind.  I started looking through the fridge and freezer to come up with my grocery list when I came across a bag of frozen shrimp we bought a few weeks ago.  Then it came to me, a tropical seafood salad would be a great summery meal, and different than anything I've made during this challenge.  I don't have an exact recipe because I kind of just threw everything together, but here is an 'outline'

Thaw 1 bag frozen shrimp
Thaw 1 bag scallops (from Trader Joes)
1 canned pineapple chunks (in 100% juice)
1 bag of spinach
1 large yellow bell pepper
1 bunch of green onions
Homemade Guacamole (however you like it)  Mine included 4 small avocados, chopped red onion and lime juice.

I put the shrimp, scallops and pineapple on skewers and bbq'd them.  Easy and fun!  Although I bought these nice metal ones but didn't think about how hot they would be and how difficult it would be to turn them (lesson learned!).  The meat/fruit combo cooked very quickly and in the meantime I chopped and put together the salad.  You could add whatever you want to the salad that you think would taste good.

Once everything is done, combine and eat!  I used the guacamole as dressing and ate it for lunch today!

No comments:

Post a Comment